Course Code: 1GP05A22
Start Date: 12/09/2022
Day of the Week:
Length in weeks: 5
Time: 2pm - 4pm
Have you ever wanted to try printmaking but been put off by the equipment? That’s where mono printing— making a one-off print—with Gelli Plates comes in.
Gelli plate printing is using a gelatine plate to take a print using either fabric or paper. The process is easy, paint is put on the gelli surface, spread out with a brayer- roller, then a variety of stencils and other textural objects are placed on the gelli plate. A print is taken with either fabric or paper.
Gelli Plates are reusable printing plates that let you make monoprints without a large, expensive press.
• Explanation of Gelli Plate mono printing and looking at examples.
• Introduction to equipment and techniques.
• Use of rollers and paints and how to ink up your plate.
• Creating your own masks and stencils
• Using masking and over-printing create layered monoprints.
• Beginners and/or those wishing to refresh their skills.